So, hello there? Is this thing still on?
Apparently, I haven’t posted in nearly three months. And really, content-wise, it’s more like four months. To top that off, I really haven’t kept up with anyone else’s blogs since late May either. Holy hell, I basically fell out of the blogosphere entirely. I went from moments to launching my new design to complete and utter radio silence. Eek!
I tried to start reading more (books) and spending more time with my husband, which really cut into my blogging time. Then sometime in early June, my friend held a Jamberry Nails online party and I became hopelessly addicted to all things Jamberry. The husband and I tried to adopt a TV show or two to watch (Fargo anyone? It freaks me out!) and I’m trying to enjoy as much summer weather as I can before it’s gone for another 7 months. Those are my excuses, anyway.
So what have we been up to lately?
- Chasing the ice cream truck
- Four days of Rock Fest last weekend
- Went to the Northern Wisconsin State Fair
- Went to lots of parades
- A road-trip to look at lighthouses in Northern Minnesota
- We went to a pancake breakfast at the fire station
- Went to the groundbreaking for our new church AND new elementary school!
- One of Mason’s good friends left our daycare
- Spent a weekend away at my cousin’s wedding
- Mason earned an orange belt in karate
- We went to Trader’s Joes for the first time and want to go back again soooon
- We helped rescue a kitty abandoned at Mason’s grandma’s
- Lots of bike rides – (Mason regularly rides 3-5 miles with Daddy with NO training wheels)
- 4th of July we spent the WHOLE DAY at the beach
- A handful of playdates with friends
- Celebrating TEN YEARS of Joe the Greyhound
- Hosted a family cookout… in the rain
- Flew kites
- Said goodbye to our dear Katze kitty
- We got rid of cable
- Celebrated “Cousin” Liam’s 2nd birthday at the splash park
- Played endless rounds of golf and baseball – via Mason rules of course
- And much more
I’m totally kicking myself for not blogging for so long because it was a struggle to make this list – I so much LOVE having all the memories and photos at my fingertips like I have well documented for Mason’s first 2-3 years. I’m hoping to at least get some pictures up soon!
What do we have coming up?
- More beach trips
- A blog re-design (For real this time? Maybe? LOL)
- Mason’s bff leaves to go to another school
- Mason starting school in a little over a month O.M.G.
- A big greyhound festival
- a Jamberry Nails giveaway here on the blog
- and hopefully many more days of sunshine
- and a swift kick in the butt to keep me back on the blogging horse
So, how has your summer been? Whatcha been up to?!!? I’d LOVE to hear about it!